Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hitachi Power Planer Shaper's full custom.

Today,my best friend took me to San Diego
and we went to Mitch's Surf Shop
and I bought a brand new Hitachi power planer.
It's custom for surfboard shaper.
The mechanism that controls the cutting depth has been modified to make a full cut with only a quarter turn of the knob.
The new features include a modified rear handle
two way pass clearance
precision depth adjustment mechanism (sealed)
20' cord
Exhaust Attachment
and improved sealed bearings for more power.
And I put base extension.
Base extension to extend the base length of a hitachi surfboard shaping planer.
The stock base length is about 6"-3/8" .
The extension is about 9".
The longer footprint and heavier solid 6061 aluminum base improve the performance of the planer.
Pricision CNC machined.
The increased weight makes kickback minimal when you hit stringers.
The increased footprint length makes the planer track more evenly.
After that we went to do paipoboarding at Seaside Reef.
I haven't been in ocean for over two month.
So I had amazing time.
I love ocean.
I'm charged!
Today was good day.
Thanks Jeff!


Search This Blog