Friday, February 10, 2012

Master At Work (Terry Martin)

Today,I went to see Terry Martin and we started working on
my customer's board.
Before we started it I helped him to fix some of his shaping room
because there was some hole on the wall and sun light came through
that's effecting hard to see boards in lighting system. 

This board is for my friend Teru in Japan.
It's going to be 7'8" Noserider for small Japanese wave.
(Tint,Gloss polish,2+1fin)


Terry taught me a lot of stuff today.
Because he is super busy,he shapes 20 to30 boards a day.
All 100% hand shape.
So we work on lil' by lil' between his schedule.
He does his part and I do my part.


He did template and drew out line and cut.
And I do trimming outline and skin off and put tail rocker and nose rocker.
He taught me how to draw nice out line from temlates.
and how to get nice rocker out of blank
and how to put tail rocker and nose rocker
and more and more......


Everyone say Terry Martin is great person.
Everyone say Terry Martin shapes great surfboards.
I agree both of them.
And


I think rocker is very important and
I think the best point of his surfboards is
"ROCKER"
That's why all of his board are great,longboard,shortboard,fish,simmons,gun,finless......
I've seen hundreds of his board and all of them have great sweeeeet rocker.
I mean the board whole thing is great but if I have to say one point.
That's rocker.
Terry Martin's rocker must be treasure of surfing industry.
I mean he is....
He is a treasure of the would.
For sure.

Anyway,look the beautiful out line.


Teru, are you looking?
This is your board :)



Please wait for a while.
We can make you happy :)

Search This Blog